I’m running for City Attorney to put my proven experience to work as an effective, independent City Attorney focused on the letter of the law, not politics. I’m running for City Attorney to get results for San Diego taxpayers and neighborhoods.
As Chief Deputy City Attorney, I’ve put my legal expertise to work getting things done for San Diego. I’ve protected taxpayers by reforming city contracting practices to prevent fraud and abuse. I’ve saved taxpayers money by rooting out millions of dollars in waste at City Hall. I’ve held polluters accountable for cleaning up our environment. I’ve worked to level the playing field for small and local businesses competing for city contracts.
As San Diego City Attorney, I will:
- Be an Effective Independent City Attorney focused on the letter of the law, not politics.
- Save Taxpayers Money by cutting red tape and rooting out wasteful spending at City Hall.
- Strengthen Protections for Seniors and Kids by expanding consumer protection efforts to crack down on fraud and abuse.
- Increase Neighborhood Safety by expanding the Neighborhood Prosecution Unit to tackle crime and public nuisances in every San Diego neighborhood.
- Prosecute Illegal Pollution harming our neighborhoods' health and our environment.
It has been a privilege to serve San Diego as Chief Deputy City Attorney and counsel to local school districts, our transit system and the County of San Diego.
It would be my honor to put my experience and proven record to work as San Diego’s next City Attorney.